NEWS ABOUT OUR CHRISTMAS FAIR 1/6/2010
We are very excited about having a Christmas Fair this year. Our first meeting
will be Weds.the 27th of Jan. from 1pm to 3:30pm. Anyone interested in helping in any way, shape or form, please come forward and let us know.
We had a wonderful time in 2008 and were able to contribute $ 3,654.30 for the needs of the church and involved the Preschool and the community.
We would like to thank Marilyn Anderson for donating many beautiful finished items and supplies of all kinds. Also Peg Stabinsky has donated many wonderful items and skeins and skeins of yarn. “Unknown” contributors have thoughtfully left unfinished items and craft supplies. These are gratefully received and appreciated.
We are asking you to look around and see if you have any of the following items that you would be willing to donate:
1) Pine cones- any shapes and sizes
2) Trim- lace, rick rack, ribbon, etc.
3) Sewing supplies- scissors, batting, pillow forms, etc
4) Office supplies- labels, tags (tie or sticky) card stock, paper, etc.
5) Jewelry, new, old, used, single beads, bracelets, necklaces, all kinds, sizes and color, any wire, clasps, old kits, etc.
6) Small dishes, odd sizes OK
7) Tea cups and tea pots
8) Fabric especially fleece
9) Unfinished kits
10) Oasis- which is the green material used in flower arrangements
11) Containers and baskets- any size- large ones will be used to make cemetery baskets
GO GREEN WE RECYCLE and make some nice things!
For us, its NOT too early to recieve these items. So look around and give what you can. Anything you give will be appreciated. Leave items in the kitchen and mark Christmas Fair!!
We would welcome any who would like to join us. You don’t have to be talented or crafty. A willing heart is good. We need folks to cut, paste, price items and other easy tasks that might be time consuming. Even one with computer knowledge would be helpful. So think about joining us especially for the Christian Fellowship. If anyone has any ideas or suggestion, that would be great. Are there any hand craft items you would like to see at the fair?
Please, pray that our efforts may be pleasing to God and that He may work thru us. See Helen or Elaine with any questions.
Sincerely, Christmas Crafters